A highly interactive 3-day course that will provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform audits of information security management systems (ISMS) against ISO 27001. This includes audits within your own organisation, of your suppliers or for third party organisations.
IMPORTANT! There is a new European version of 27001 called BS EN ISO/IEC 27001:2017, which includes approval by CEN/Cenelec. The changes from ISO 27001:2013 are very minor and affect only subclause 6.1.3 and control A.8.1.1. They are not considered significant in the delivery of this course. The latest official “ISO” version is currently ISO 27001:2013.
A detailed understanding of:
- The purpose and benefits of an information security management system (ISMS)
- Compliance versus conformity
- The role of an ISMS auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an ISMS
- Analysing situations and making decisions within an ISMS audit
- Refresher on key auditor skills and how they can be utilised in an ISMS audit